Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gareth Pugh



Much as I am enjoying being in the USA right now, I wish I was back in London in order to watch the masterful Gareth Pugh in action at SHOWstudio. Gareth will be in residence at SHOWstudio starting at 11am tomorrow (also on Monday and Tuesday) creating a one off piece which will then be sold in the SHOWstudio shop on Bruton Place. For the lucky people in town, you can go along and watch him at the store, but for those of us not lucky enough to be there, we can watch the live streaming each day from 11am until 6pm GMT.


Whilst we are on the subject of Mr Pugh, I though it would give me an opportunity to obsess over his S/S 2010 collection all over again. My Favourite look has to be the dress above, and in particular the way it is styled with the headpiece. (By the way - check out Illustrator /blogger extraordinaire Fifi Lapin's Halloween entry, for her her bunny illustration of this look. - Love it). The collection as a whole was a lot more wearable than previous seasons, yet managed to retain the sense of originality and uniqueness for which we love him. 


Just because I love looking at his designs so much, I've also included some of my other favourite looks from his S/S 2010 show below. -Enjoy!











Photos From Style.Com


P.S. More of My Gareth Pugh Obsessions


Firstly check out this video (I was trying to find it for ages) which was launced in collaboration with Gareth Pugh's Fall 2009 show during Fashion Week. The film was a collaboration with Ruth Hogben and showcases the designs from the Fall 2009 collection.





Secondly, See the tips from Blogger Annie Spandex 
on how to create a black and white Gareth Pugh 
inspired manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment