Thursday, November 12, 2009

Off-Duty Kimono





Much as I would like to think of myself as appearing 'polished' at all times, sometimes my fashion centered day-wear clothes seem too binding and restrictive when just hanging out at the house, or relaxing at home in the couple of hours before a big night out. At times like these (or on days spent convalescing/ lazy mornings reading the papers/ weekend mornings nursing a hangover), I reach for this Kimono I purchased from a Japanese department store last year. The crazy blue and white print( see detail below)  puts an instant smile to my face, and its so light, it can easily be crammed into overnight bags when heading off somewhere exciting for the weekend. Its the perfect alternative to the boring bathrobe, or worse still - the tracksuit.







No comments:

Post a Comment