Thursday, January 7, 2010

There's a Big Blue Bear in Denver



As I'm still in the USA (and won't be returning to my beloved London until the Summer), I decided to spend New Year's eve in Denver. It was pretty low key on the night itself due to the dreaded post-Christmas cold I was suffering with, but I got to spend the first two days of the year having a good look around the city, and found several great places which I hope to go back and see.
My best find however, which, incidentally was totally by chance, was Lawrence Argent's "I See What You Mean" public art installation. As you can see by the photos, its a giant blue bear, peering into the glass front of the Colorado Convention Center. What the photos don't show (very well) however, is the fact that the bear is made up of hundreds, well probably more like thousands, of triangles. It looks even more beautiful and unexpected in person, and a must see if you are in the area, especially if you like giant blue things.








No comments:

Post a Comment